The Village Academy Charter
The Village Academy exists to support its member schools to achieve the very best standards of teaching and learning, and high levels of engagement with the school community. Across all of the schools within the Trust, we endeavour to provide the nurturing and caring environment essential to the inspiration and success of all members of the schools' communities.
The Village Academy is a group of six diverse schools across Kent; town, village and coastal; Church and community.
Two of the six are Church of England in their character (Selling and Milstead & Frinsted).One has an attached Nursery (Lydd). Four are rural in character (Selling, Milstead &Frinsted, Lynsted & Norton and Petham).Two are urban (Lydd and Dymchurch).
Our Key Principles
* All children can succeed.
* Teaching should be ‘Good’ or better in all of our schools.
* We are committed to continued improvement in all of our schools.
* Our greatest assets are the people within our schools.
* We support the development of our staff through the sharing of good practice and the opportunity to openly and honestly challenge each other to improve.
* Each of our schools is different and works within its own distinct context and community; we celebrate and cherish this individuality.
* The curriculum within our schools will inspire children to engage and achieve.
* We strive to reduce unnecessary bureaucracy.
* Effective leadership and teaching are the keys to raising standards.
* Schools and staff at all levels will collaborate with and support each other.
* We engage with other academies, schools and organisations to share good practice.
* We invest in the professional development of leaders through dedicated training and supported opportunities to experience genuine responsibility.
* We invest in the professional development of teachers through individual training opportunities and mutually supportive peer mentoring.
* We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and adults and to the wellbeing of our staff.